The Houston Center for Independent Living will host “A Time To Speak Up/Advocate and be heard METROLIFT Customers.”
The Community Engagement Meeting with METRO Staff will be on Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. at the Bayland Community Center, 6400 Bissonnet, Houston, Texas 77074.
The meeting topics that will be discussed with METRO staff include:
- METROLift same-day policy
- Feeder Service Pilot Program
- Pedestrian-Accessible Review (PAR) Program
Since refreshments will be served and METRO will provide ASL interpreters, contact HCIL staff to let them know you wish to attend at 713.974.4621 Voice/TTY or 713-491-2381 V.P.
In a Deaf Network of Texas post, Robert Yost shared how the Houston Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community is impacted by METROLift services, including:
- late pick ups,
- difficulty reaching the dispatcher when pick ups are late, and
- driver’s favoring hearing consumers and people who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing being dropped off last.
One thought on “Houston Deaf Community to Meet with METRO”